It’s one of those celebrations that we celebrate with our hearts and not by the virtue of any religion.
It’s FRIENDSHIP DAY!
Ever wonder why we celebrate this day?
We all know that the first Sunday of the month of August is celebrated as the Friendship day but very few of us know the actual reason or history behind this day’s celebration.
Originally, the Friendship Day was proposed by Joyce Hall, the founder of Hallmark cards in 1919, intended to be the first Sunday of August and a day when people celebrated their friendships by sending cards.
|Paraguay proposed the first International Friendship Day in 1958.|
In the name of greetings, here I have a collection of some heartwarming Friendship day quotes for you:
• I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I’m surrounded by angels but I call them my best friends.
• FRIENDSHIP is like a tree… It is not MEASURED on how TALL it could be, but is on how DEEP the ROOTS HAVE GROWN…
• Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
• Friendship is grounded in a feeling that you know exactly who will be there for you when you need something, no matter what or when.
• Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.
• The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
• Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.
• If you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.
Enough of the serious ones, let’s learn some funny yet friendly friendship day wishes.
• True friends don’t judge each other, They judge other people… together.
• Never let your friends feel lonely, disturb them all the time.
• You don’t have to be crazy to be my friend, I’ll train you.
• Friends come and go, like the waves of the ocean; but the true ones stay, like an octopus on your face.
HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY TO ALL!